Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Sweet and Spicy Chicken and Rice w/ "Asian" Salad

So, my mom gave me these fun asian sauce packs in a care package the other week (thanks mom!), and I decided to use the "Sweet and Spicy" one on Saturday. Technically it was for ribs...but I don't eat that much red meat (and I had chicken), so I made chicken instead! WAY good/better than I expected!

This is the sauce I used:
Ingredients:

Lettuce
Carrots
Green Onion
"Sweet and Spicy Sauce" (or whatever you can find)
3 chicken tenders (raw), cubed
Basmati Rice
Water
Rice Vinegar
Canola Oil


Directions:

Chop lettuce, carrots, and onion into a salad bowl set aside for later. Brown chicken in a pan over medium high heat. Add 2 tbsp. sauce, 1 tbsp water, and cover over medium heat. Cook for about 10 minutes on medium heat, covered, until cooked in center. Meanwhile, combine 1/2 cup rice and 1 cup water. Bring to a boil, and the simmer, covered, for 10 minutes or until cooked throughout. Place rice on plate and top with chicken. Combine 1 tbsp. sauce, 1 tsp. oil, and 1 tsp. rice vinegar to make a dressing for the salad. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment