Monday, November 9, 2009

Imitation Moo Shu Chicken

Any authentically Chinese person would probably get really mad at me for calling this moo shu chicken (first of all, because I don't think that moo shu chicken is a real thing)...but I don't care...it was what I wanted to eat and so I made it!



















Ingredients:

1 tbsp.vegetable oil
1 tsp. rice vinegar
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced
3 radishes, thinly sliced
3 carrots, thinly sliced
1 scallion, thinly sliced
2 tortillas, steamed (set over a bowl of water, microwave for 1 minute)
2 tbsp. hoisin sauce (i used the rest of my sweet and spicy sauce, which actually tastes exactly like hosin)
1 tsp. key lime juice
1 tsp. red chili flakes

Heat oil and vinegar over medium high heat. Brown chicken, and then add the vegetables, reserving the scallions. Add the hoison sauce, reduce heat to medium low, and cover for 5 minutes (stirring occasionally). Remove lid, add scallions, key lime juice, and red chili flakes.
Recover for 5 minutes. Spoon moo shu chicken into steamed into tortillas, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment