Monday, January 2, 2012

Practicing Paleo



Well, it's 2012 and hence a new round of resolutions has begun. Mine? Hydrate like crazy and try out a paleo diet.

I've tried this before. John and I went Partially Paleo in the weeks before our wedding with great results, so we thought to try it out again. John is still eating some oats and potatoes, and we're both allowing a glass of wine a night (plus a square of 83% dark chocolate), but other than that I'm going to see how it goes!

Over the break, we picked up a copy of Make It Paleo, a cookbook which seems like a really great resource for beginning paelo's.  Nauseating boy-meets-girl introduction aside, I think this is an excellent book, and it seems like it will make it easy for us to make the (probably temporary) switch.


Today, I made eggs for breakfast and then basically thew them on the floor while getting in the car....so really, I had trail mix for breakfast. Seeds and dried fruit, for the most part. No granola, a little bit of chocolate, and that was it!

I felt pretty full through lunch, where I had a bowl of leftover chili from last night. I also made a pot of egg drop soup, which will be lunch for tomorrow.

For dinner, I made Make It Paleo's Smoked Paprika Chicken and Sauteed Spinach, along with Everyday Paleo's Walnut Red Pepper Dip. Everything was delicious...the Walnut Red Pepper Dip, though? AMAZING...and it will certainly become a staple in our house!

So, we'll see how this goes! It was certainly a challenge to resist eating all of those muffins and breads that I made today in order to get rid of all the flour and sugar in our kitchen (and to clear out some freezer space...somehow we managed to collect 2 dozen old bananas?), but I did it! Plus, now our house smells like delicious baked goods. Always a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment