Saturday, January 7, 2012

Paleo Week 1

Well, it's the end of our first week going Paleo, and I think we did a pretty good job! I broke down and had a few bites of cheese and pecan pie last night at the in-laws house, but I'm back on track today and am trying to not feel too bad about it.

The most surprising part of this whole experiment is how much I just don't miss the things we're cutting out (grains, dairy, sugar). I really hardly notice the change in diet that much; I think the only reason I broke down last night and indulged in cheese and sugar was because it was there. All of the grains and sugar in our cabinets is on the top shelf, which I can't even see, and the cheese in our fridge is in a drawer that I've pretty much just forgotten exists. Out of sight, out of mind.

We've had some delicious meals this week! Here's our dinner menu:

Sunday: Ground Beef Chili and Salad
Monday: Smoked Paprika Chicken and Spinach and Roasted Red Pepper Walnut Dip
Tuesday: Ground Beef and Zucchini Lasagne (the zucchini took the place of the noodles) (The Food Lovers Primal Palate)
Wednesday: Chicken and Chorizo Stew (Cooking Light)
Thursday: Chicken Salads from Chipotle
Friday: A delicious dinner at the in-laws of roast beef, asparagus, salad and Yorkshire pudding (ok, that last one wasn't Paleo either, but I had never had it so I had to try it!)

For lunch, I've been eating either leftovers or salads, and for breakfast I made Egg and Veggie muffins, which were so great to just grab and go.

So, how am I feeling? Definitely more energetic and less bloated. We don't have a scale at our house, so I'm not sure what's going on with my weight, but I'm not really more concerned with how I look than what I weigh.

So, that's it for week 1! I would definitely suggest this diet/lifestyle to anyone who is interested. It seems like a lot to cut out, but if you're doing your own grocery shopping like an adult then it's really not a big deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment