Thursday, October 27, 2011

Butternut Squash Gnocchi with Kale and Chicken Sausage

This is a recipe that I took from Food Network magazine and made last night. It was amazingly quick, because almost everything cam straight out of a package (love it!) John and I both have our Bible Studies on Wednesday night's, so it's important that we have something quick to make.



We made this with chicken sausage that I got from Trader Joe's (LOVE them for quick meals). This one was their Spinach, Fontina and Roasted Garlic variety and it was yum-yum-good!

Just a note- I've had kale before, but for some reason I really didn't like it in this dish? I think it's because there are already a lot of heavy, dark flavors...if I made it again I think I would switch it out for spinach! Here's the recipe!

Ingredients:

1/2 butternut squash, peeled, seeds removed, and diced
1 tbsp. butter
3 cloves garlic, sliced thin
1 1/4 c. chicken stock
1 bunch/package kale (I would remove the ribs...they're tough!)
1 package gnocchi
4 links of chicken sausage, sliced 
1/4 c. parmesan
1 tbsp. butter

Directions:

In a cast iron skillet, melt butter and saute squash until soft.

Add garlic and saute for 2 minutes. Add chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Wilt kale in stock in batches.

Add gnocchi and cover in sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Add sausage, cheese and butter. Cook in broiler for about 10 minutes, until brown and bubbling.

Grr...this picture is SO ugly...I want a better camera...or an iPhone.



No comments:

Post a Comment