Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I'm Back!

These past couple of weeks have been INSANE! BUT, one show, two auditions, one grad school application, and a fight with bronchitis later, I AM BACK! I've done SOME cooking over the past couple of weeks! Vegetarian chili, brownies....I'm sure there's been some more, but I'm sooo blanking right now! I have up meat for Lent...not sure if I'd mentioned that yet. So, today I made a vegetarian lasagna...and NO! It's not that gross kind of veggie lasagna that has a white sauce and veggies...can't stand that stuff. This is plain old lasagna, just no meat (and a little tofu that I needed to use up!)

This is somewhat from my Better Homes and Gardens cookbook, but as always, I altered it to what I had available!

Ingredients:

1 package oven ready lasagna noodles
1 jar plain pasta sauce
1/2 large onion, chopped
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. butter
1/2 c. tofu, diced
1 jar ricotta (15 oz.)
1 package shredded mozzarella
1 egg
1/4 c. Parmesan (plus more for on top)
Salt
Pepper
Italian seasonings (I used basil, oregano, garlic powder, thyme, parsley)

Directions:

1) Preheat oven to 375 F

2) Saute onion and tofu in olive oil and butter. Add pasta sauce, salt, pepper, and italian seasonings. Set aside.

3) Combine ricotta, egg, and 1/4 c. Parmesan. Set aside.

4) In a 13x9 pan, spoon a thin layer of pasta sauce. Layer lasagna noodles, 1/2 of the cheese mixure, 1/2 of the sauce, 1/2 c. mozzarella. Repeat. Top with more Parmesan.

5) Bake on top rack for 30 minutes. Let sit for about 10 minutes before serving!

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment