Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Dieting-ish

SO, I've been on a somewhat healthy kick for about 2 weeks now, and it's great! I've been exercising 3-6 times a week and eating very healthfully. I've been trying to drink as much water as possible (bringing a big water bottle to work has helped). For breakfast (which I eat) I usually drink either a Slim Fast or a Carnation Instant Breakfast drink or have a Zone bar. I try to do either a healthy sandwich or salad for lunch, and then fewer carbs, more protein and veggies for dinner. I haven't been eating at night, and I've been trying to limit myself to only 1 drink that's over 0 calories per day (and usually just one diet coke, if any). Low-fat, low calorie, low-carb. And it really hasn't been hard. I find that I'm actually getting to eat more of what I like (chicken, turkey, veggies, fruit, whole grains), and that I really enjoy when I get a treat (I still have ice cream about everynight, and when I want/need some caffiene I'll go to Starbucks or Greenberry's and get a latte with non fat milk...but I don't like sugar free syrup).

The most effective thing has been doing my research before I go out to eat. Looking at menus online, looking at calorie counters, finding healthier options. Thedailyplate.com has been a really good tool as well.

Exercise wise, I've been focusing on cardio (45 minutes each time + walking to the gym when it's nice), and then doing light weights and abs.

Anyways, just thought I'd share!

No comments:

Post a Comment