Thursday, August 11, 2011

Berry Dark Chocolate Smore's

I love my Bible study so much. Ok...this past summer it's really been less studying the Bible and more fellowshipping it up...but we're hitting the books hard next week. Promise.

Anyways, it's super fun to have a house now that they can come over to...and I usually try to have some sort of snack for them (in addition to wine...which we drink in solidarity with Christ-followers across the ages, as well as our fellow Jews, whom we love). One week, John made some really delicious chocolate chip cookies for the girls, and the past two weeks I've made smore's.

At first, they were just your basic, oven smores. But this past week I decided to class them up by making them with dark chocolate and smearing raspberry and strawberry preserves on the graham crackers. I SHOULD have taken a picture...but they were gone so fast that I didn't have time!

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 F. Place graham crack halves on a baking sheet covered in foil. Smear raspberry or strawberry preserves on the bottom half, topping with a dark chocolate square & a marshmallow. Bake for appx 10 minutes, or until the marshmallow has melted and the chocolate has begun to melt. Top with the second half of the graham cracker.

I think next time I'll try these with homemade marshmallows and drizzle them with a dark chocolate sauce and a raspberry or strawberry sauce.


No comments:

Post a Comment