Monday, February 7, 2011

Green Smoothie #1

This is my first attempt at a green smoothie. I'm obsessed with Naked's Green Machine, and was wondering if I could just make it at home? I based my shopping list on the ingredients on the back of the bottle, and this is what I ended up with!

Ingredients:

5 fugi apples
1 kiwi
1 mango
5 pineapple slices (plus juice)
2 bananas
1 clove garlic
1 piece ginger
1 bunch kale
2 broccoli crowns
1 bunch parsley


So, I got everything cleaned and prepared last night, and this morning I blended parts of the ingredients together with and equal amount of water, plus a little almond milk and agave nectar). Problem is, I'm not sure exactly how much of each ingredient are actually in the smoothie I'm drinking right now? AND, I didn't include all of the "boosters" like cholrella, spirulina, and blue-green algae.

The result? It tastes pretty good...I'm just not exactly nuts about the grassy texture. We're getting a Vitamix soon, so I'll have to try it again then!

No comments:

Post a Comment