This is my 100th post! I cannot believe it! And it's so appropriately timed, since I started this blog almost precisely 2 years ago AND this recipe is worth, at least, 100 bucks!
Homemade Pasta with Roasted Garlic, Onion, and Mushroom Marsala Sauce
1. Mom and I made the following homemade pasta recipe. I would suggest 4x the olive oil, a 1-3 ratio of whole wheat to white flour, and about 3-4 tbsp. of water.
2. Roast 1 quartered onion and 1 bulb of garlic until soft and golden brown.
3. Saute onion and garlic in 1 c. white wine, 1 c. chicken stock, and 1/2 c. marsala.
4. Add chopped mushrooms and reduce until desired consistency.
5. Remove lid and blend with an immersion blender (NOTE: This was my first time using an immersion blender AND I NEEEEEEEEED ONE! I felt like an Iron Chef).
6. Serve on top of your yummy, homemade noodles (we did fettucini) with shaved pecorino-romano, sea salt, and freshly cracked black pepper!
7. Get seconds.
8. And thirds.
9. Refill wine glass...and maybe get just one more serving. Seriously, this was SO good!