**Warning: this hot chocolate is NOT super sweet. Personally, I can't handle super sugary hot chocolate. This recipe was an attempt at recreating my mom's hot chocolate. It failed, but it was still pretty damn good! Makes 2 servings
16 oz. milk (we used almond milk)
10 tsp. Twining's drinking chocolate
1/8 tsp. cardammon
1/8 tsp. cloves
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 shot Rumpleminze (or other peppermint schnapps)
1/2 pint heavy whipping cream
1 tsp. Stevia (**I like Stevia better than sugar for the whipped cream since it dissolves so nicely)
1) Heat milk on low until steaming (about 5 minutes)
2) Whisk in chocolate, then spices.
3) Turn heat off, and add Rumpleminze
4) In a jar (pint size or larger), combine cream and Stevia. Secure lid and shake vigorously until the cream stiffens like whipped cream.
5) Divide hot chocolate into mugs and top with a dollop of whipped cream.
6) Sprinkle with cinnamon, chocolate or peppermint shavings, or just leave as is!
7) Pass out from happiness!